Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sisterhood

Helping a sister out






Helping each other as  women can be a great deal of hard work at times. Sometimes, by some unknown reasons we end up pulling each other down instead of lifting each other up. Jealousy, envy ( the green eyed monster) is a disease that is associated with women. There is a saying that goes " charity begins at home. If we start by practising the acts of goodness by complimenting and encouraging those who are close to us we can easily spread this to someone and to the community at large. 

We as women should come together and help to empower each other. There are many women support programs we should introduce each other to. There are even opportunities out there other women are unaware of especially those who are in remote formerly disadvantaged areas. We can start by introducing each other to some government technological equipped sectors.

I was amazed one time I was using a local library in order to use the Wifi. I experienced a hard time there being criticized for abusing government resources since I had to go there almost everyday. The actual point behind that criticism was not about the Wi-Fi, it was about jealousy. Since they did not understand what I was doing they opted to discourage me. 

The worst part of this is that it was the women who were doing this. After they realized that I was doing something that could help them they started to accuse me of being selfish and arrogant for not involving them in what I was doing. So now that they wanted to be involved in my projects, I had to open my arms and welcome them as if nothing happened. Who was selfish in this point?

The fact that sometimes we are mean and cruel towards each other gives an input in the slow development ,specially in our townships. You have to be connected to some high profile people to get best opportunities or you have to bribe someone to get access to some opportunities.

We should start at the bottom to uplift each other so that those at the top can be able to pull those at the bottom.
Let's do this Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME NOTE

   Welcome to my blog       Hello my wonderful readers! I welcome you to my lifestyle blog, a sister to my lifestyle magazine, Celesta (whic...